Benefit highlights for 2014Oct. 4, 2013, 4:14 PM
Open Enrollment is Oct. 16-31
What’s new for 2014?
- Health plan options: Choose from three plan options. Aetna will be our plan administrator this year. If you selected BlueCross BlueShield Select in the past, you may want to consider Aetna Select, which is structured similarly.
- Payroll premiums, co-insurance and out-of-pocket limits: All of the health plan options have had some adjustments to payroll premiums, co-insurance and out-of-pocket amounts. Use of the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network (VHAN, or Tier 1) inside the plans offers the best value. Click here to learn more about the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network.
- Short-term disability insurance: Eligible employees will be enrolled automatically in full coverage of the benefit — the no-cost base portion, which is paid by Vanderbilt, and a now better-priced “buy-up” option, which is paid by the employee.
- Spouse or same-sex domestic partner coverage: For spouses/partners who have access to health coverage through an outside employer but prefer the convenience of using the Vanderbilt plan, a $100 monthly fee will apply to health plan payroll premiums.
- Tobacco-free credit. Receive a $20 per month credit toward your health care premiums as long as you and everyone covered by your health plan are tobacco-free or are trying to quit.
- Flexible Spending Accounts. New vendor, new card, less paperwork. You need to enroll to have money accumulate in your accounts.
- Decision tools. New resources designed to help you navigate your benefits choices (see Choosing a Health Plan) and watch for the interactive plan decision tool, “Ask Alex,” which will be available soon.
- Beneficiaries. Establish your life insurance and/or AD&D beneficiary information.
- Affordable Care Act: The ACA requires that most Americans have medical insurance by Jan. 1, 2014. If you are enrolled in Vanderbilt’s health care plan, you have met this requirement.
- Visit the Open Enrollment website. The site features decision support tools, Detailed Guide, FAQs, links to carrier/provider websites and more.
- Attend the Vanderbilt Benefits and Health Fair on Oct. 15-16. Benefits staff, as well as provider representatives, will be available to answer questions.
Enroll online Oct. 16-31
- Online enrollment starts at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 31. To enroll, go to the Open Enrollment website and click on the “Enroll Now” button.
- Your HR colleagues at the Employee Service Center are there to help. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 343-7000.