Osher Center offering yoga classes to help employees with back painJul. 12, 2018, 9:23 AM
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Vanderbilt will begin offering a third round of yoga classes for employees suffering from back pain or insomnia.
There is a one-time copay of $20 for the six-week courses. Employees seeking to enroll in the back pain classes will need a documented diagnosis.
The yoga program for employees was launched in January. Anyone interested in taking a class should email OsherCenter.IntegrativeMedicine@vanderbilt.edu. Please provide your full name and date of birth in your email along with the session schedule for which you would like to enroll.
Yoga classes for back pain will be offered:
- 7 to 8 a.m. on Mondays (except for Labor Day), Aug. 6 to Sept. 17, at the Osher Center, 3401 West End Ave., Suite 380
- 7 to 8 a.m. on Wednesdays, Aug. 8 to Sept. 12 at Osher Center, 3401 West End Ave., Suite 380
- Noon to 1 p.m. on Aug. 10, Aug. 17, Aug. 24, Aug, 29, Sept. 5 and Sept. 14 at One Hundred Oaks, 719 Thompson Lane
Yoga classes for insomnia will be offered:
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Mondays (except for Labor Day, Aug. 1 to Sept. 24 at the Osher Center, 3401 West End Ave., Suite 380
- Noon to 1 p.m., Wednesdays, Aug. 15 to Sept. 29, at Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Institute, Medical Center East, 1215 21st Ave. South, Suite 4300
- 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Thursdays, Aug. 16 to Sept 20 at Osher Center, 3401 West End Ave., Suite 380.
For more information, contact Diane Sussman, program and events coordinator for Osher Center, at 615-343-1170.