Open Enrollment is underwayOct. 15, 2014, 3:02 PM
Health and benefits fairs, enrollment labs and webinars offered
Open Enrollment is here! Sign up for 2015 benefits now at hr.vanderbilt.edu/oe.
During Open Enrollment, there are several programs to select, make changes to, or waive:
- Health, dental and vision insurance;
- Short-term disability insurance*;
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance;
- Health care flexible spending accounts, which reimburse health-related expenses for you and your dependents;
- Dependent day care flexible spending accounts, which reimburse day care service expenses for your dependents.
You can also continue saving $20 per month on your health plan premiums if you and your covered family members are committed to being tobacco-free. Just elect or re-elect your tobacco usage status when completing enrollment in My VU Benefits. If you pledged to quit last year, but are still using tobacco, you will not receive the credit in 2015.
If you elect or keep spouse/same-sex domestic partner coverage, indicate whether your spouse or partner has access to insurance through another employer. Spouses or partners who have access to health coverage through an outside employer but prefer the Vanderbilt plan will pay an additional $100 per month in payroll premiums.
Changes to your enrollment in other benefits programs—including the retirement plan, life insurance, enhanced short-term disability and long-term disability insurance plans—can be made anytime. You can also sign up for discounted pet, auto and home insurance anytime.
Have your VUnetID and password ready
- You need your VUnetID and password to enroll. If you don’t remember your VUnetID or your password, visit it.vanderbilt.edu/accessvu or call the VUIT Help Desk at 343-4357.
- Verify that your address and contact information appears correctly in C2HR to ensure timely delivery of insurance cards.
Health and benefits fairs Oct. 20 and 21; Enrollment labs and webinars offered
If you need help with Open Enrollment, join us at a Health and Benefits Fair, attend an enrollment lab, or sign up for a webinar.
Health and Benefits Fair dates/locations
Monday, Oct. 20
7:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
Vanderbilt Student Life Center
Tuesday, Oct. 21
Vanderbilt Health One Hundred Oaks
Click here to learn more. Bring your Vanderbilt ID to swipe at the registration table.
Upcoming enrollment labs
- Oct. 16, 1–4 p.m., The Commons Writing Studio
- Oct. 23, 3–7 p.m., Light Hall North Lobby
- Oct. 24, 6–9 a.m., TVC, B409-F
- Oct. 28, 2–5:30 p.m., Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital, B319
- Oct. 29, 7:30–11 a.m., Rand/Sarratt Function Room 325-327
- Oct. 16, 9–10 a.m.
- Oct. 24, noon–1 p.m.
- Oct. 27, 4–5 p.m.
Click here to register.
Open Enrollment is happening now and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31. Selections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2015, unless you have a qualifying event such as marriage, divorce or the birth of a child. Visit hr.vanderbilt.edu/oe for more information.