University faculty and staff: Systems availability updateApr. 21, 2016, 8:03 AM
Last updated 5/2/16, 8:15 a.m.
To prepare our systems for the legal separation of Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt University Medical Center, some systems will have limited functionality for short periods of time. Please note that some deadlines or times may be different for Medical Center employees. If you are a future Medical Center employee, contact VUMC HR with questions about systems.
- AccessVU will be unavailable from 5 p.m. April 29 through May 1. You will not be able to reset your password during this time.
- C2HR will be unavailable April 28–May 4. Paystubs cannot be viewed during this time and should be viewed the evening of April 27.
- Timekeeping systems. Exempt Time Off (ETO) and e-Timesheet will be unavailable April 28–May 2. Hourly paid (non-exempt) employees should manually track their time and enter it when e-Timesheet is available May 2. Kronos will be available during this time.
- Talent Central/Taleo will be unavailable for applicants April 28–May 5. For hiring managers, it will be unavailable April 29–May 4.
- Manager and administrator programs also will have brief downtimes. These include ePAC (unavailable April 27–May 4) and PeopleSoft (unavailable April 28–May 4). New hire paperwork for employees starting May 1–5 should be submitted by 9 a.m. on April 26.
A comprehensive list of university system downtimes and impacts during the transition close period is posted on the HR transition website. It will be updated if dates, times or other details change. If you have problems accessing systems or services after the separation, contact your regular IT support person or the VUIT Help Desk at (615) 343-9999 (3-9999 on campus).
The University HR website will be refreshed at legal close. You may not be able to use the site’s search feature temporarily while it is being updated.
New Talent Central/Taleo portals for university hiring managers and applicants
When Taleo becomes available on May 4 for managers and May 5 for applicants, there will be two versions—one for VU and one for VUMC. The links to access the university Taleo portals will change, so you will need to access the system using links on the Work at Vanderbilt website and update your internet browser’s bookmarks or favorites.
All requisitions for VU positions and candidate profiles will automatically transfer to the VU version of Taleo. Candidates who applied for open jobs at VUMC before April 28 will see those jobs tagged as “Moved due to legal transition—see hr.mc.vanderbilt.edu/careers My Jobs for status” on the My Jobpage tab in the VU version of Taleo. They will need to visit the VUMC job site to see the status of those submissions.