Nominations sought for VUSM Research Staff AwardsOct. 7, 2021, 8:29 AM
by Bill Snyder
Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Research Staff Awards.
The awards honor research staff members who provide exemplary support at all levels to the Research Enterprise. Award recipients will receive a $1,000 cash prize and will be honored at an awards luncheon.
The following awards are given annually:
- The Edward E. Price Jr. Award for Excellence in Basic Research.
- The Vivien A. Thomas Award for Excellence in Clinical Research.
- The Award for Excellence in Research Contributing to Multi-Investigator Teams.
Eligible staff include: research assistants I, II and III; senior research specialists; research nurses; core facility managers; core research assistants; research support staff; or any other staff member who provides exemplary research support. Faculty members, research fellows, postdoctoral fellows and graduate students are not eligible.
Nominations will be accepted from the faculty members who work most closely with the nominees. Nomination packages must include, in the following order:
- A completed nomination form, which can be found here — https://www.vumc.org/oor/school-medicine-research-staff-awards.
- A nomination letter completed by the faculty member/nominator.
- At least one, and at most three, accompanying letters of support.
- The nominee’s CV.
Nominations must be submitted as a single PDF by Oct. 29 to Andrea Davis, program manager in the Office of Research, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A joint VU-Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty review committee will select the awardees.