Get ready for Open EnrollmentSep. 10, 2014, 4:04 PM
Open Enrollment is right around the corner. Are you ready? To help you prepare, Vanderbilt’s HR team will be sharing the top 10 things you need to know to prepare for Open Enrollment over the next five weeks.
What is Open Enrollment?
Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to reflect on your and your family’s needs and to fine tune your benefits package to match. During Open Enrollment, there are several programs you must select, make changes to, or waive:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Short-term disability insurance*;
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance;
- Health care flexible spending accounts, which reimburse medical expenses for you and your dependents; and
- Dependent day care flexible spending accounts, which reimburse day care service expenses for your dependents.
You can also continue saving $20 per month on your health plan premiums if you and your covered family members are committed to being tobacco-free. Just elect or re-elect your tobacco usage status when completing enrollment in My VU Benefits. If you pledged to quit last year but are still using tobacco, you will not receive the credit in 2015.
If you elect or keep spouse/same-sex domestic partner coverage, indicate whether your spouse or partner has access to insurance through another employer. Spouses or partners who have access to health coverage through an outside employer but prefer the Vanderbilt plan will pay an additional $100 per month in payroll premiums.
Changes to your enrollment in other benefit programs, including the retirement plan, life insurance, enhanced short-term disability and long-term disability insurance plans, can be made anytime. You can also sign up for discounted pet, auto and home insurance anytime.
* Refer to the Detailed Guide to Open Enrollment or website for more information about your options for short-term disability.
Get ready now!
- You need your VUnet ID and password to enroll. If you don’t remember your VUnetID or password, visit it.vanderbilt.edu/accessvu.
- Verify that your address and contact information appears correctly in C2HR to ensure timely delivery of insurance cards.
Open Enrollment begins at 8 a.m. on Oct. 15 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31. Selections are effective Jan. 1–Dec. 31, 2015, unless you have a qualifying event such as marriage, divorce or the birth of a child.
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks.