Get instant access to your health plan with the Aetna Mobile appDec. 11, 2015, 3:09 PM
Have you ever arrived at a doctor’s appointment only to realize you left your insurance card at home? Have you ever wanted to check the status of a claim while you were out and about? Aetna Mobile can help!
As a Vanderbilt Health Plan participant, you can download the Aetna Mobile app and have all your health-plan information at your fingertips. Aetna Mobile gives you access to your secure member information whenever you need it. With Aetna Mobile, you can:
- search and view claims;
- check coverage and benefits information;
- pull up your virtual ID card;
- view and reply to secure messages;
- take advantage of the Member Payment Estimator to compare cost estimates;
- find a doctor or facility;* and
- link to the iTriage app to look up symptoms, learn about procedures, and get the latest health news.
- *Note: Currently, the Aetna Mobile app DocFind lists providers in the Aetna National Network. If you have Aetna Plus or Aetna Select, choose the first drop-down: Aetna Choice® POS II (Open Access). If you have Aetna HealthFund, choose the second drop-down: Aetna Choice® POS II (Aetna HeathFund).
IPhone users also can:
- find urgent care centers and walk-in clinics, and
- contact Aetna for quick answers to your plan questions.
To find Tier 1 providers in the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network (VHAN), visit Aetna DocFind and select “Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network” under the “Plan” drop-down.
There are several easy ways to download the Aetna Mobile app:
- iPhone users: through the Apple app store;
- Android users: though the Google Play store;
- All other mobile device users: text Apps to 23862 (text message rates may apply); or
- Scan the QR code on Aetna’s mobile app page with your mobile device.
Visit the Aetna Mobile FAQ page for helpful tips or the Aetna website to learn more. Visit the HR website for more information about the Vanderbilt Health Plan.