Ridesharing options for employees include carpooling, vanpoolingMay. 3, 2018, 9:19 AM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center provides compelling options for employees who want to share a ride to and from work. Whether it’s by carpool or vanpool, ridesharing allows commuters to conserve the environment, share fuel costs and reduce wear and tear on their vehicles.
Vanderbilt’s Ride Match website helps facilitate the identification of potential carpool partners. To access this website, go to www.VMCRideMatch.com. VUMC employees receive a discounted parking rate once a carpool is formed.
If you are considering joining a vanpool, Vanderbilt has partnered with the Transportation Management Association (TMA) to enable all employees to use this money-saving and environmentally friendly commuting solution. For more information about vanpooling, visit www.vanstar.com or call 615-628-0260.
Benefits of carpooling or vanpooling include:
- Less stress commuting to and from work
- Financial savings due to shared commuting cost
- Decreased personal vehicle maintenance and “wear and tear”
- Increased free time for riders
- Improved air quality resulting from fewer auto emissions
- Reduced traffic congestion
- Time saved by riding in HOV lanes