Department of Medicine announces March grand roundsFeb. 28, 2022, 1:00 PM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) Department of Medicine will host the upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in March.
Immediately prior to the start of the March 10 Ownby Lectureship, leaders in the Department of Medicine will make a special announcement regarding its diversity and inclusion efforts. Attendance is encouraged.
All lectures will be live streamed and open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration.
March 3: “The Hidden Pandemic: Insights from the Adult Post-Acute COVID Clinic”
- Speakers: Sapna Kripalani, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine and Public Health, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Sara Martin, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine and Medical Director of Outpatient Palliative Care, Division of General Internal Medicine and Public Health, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
March 10: Ownby Lectureship: “Breaking the Shackles: Addressing the Taxonomy of Medical Training to Achieve Health Equity”
- Speaker: Michelle Albert, MD, MPH, Walter A. Haas-Lucie Stern Endowed Chair in Cardiology and Professor of Medicine, University of California San Francisco (UCSF); Admissions Dean, UCSF Medical School; President, Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc.; and President-elect, American Heart Association
March 17: “Neuroendocrine Circuits: Fertile Ground for Reproductive Health from Puberty to Menopause”
- Speaker: Ursula Kaiser, MD, Professor of Medicine and Chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School
March 24: Teschan Lectureship: “Global Burden of Chronic Kidney Disease and the Need for Personalized Care”
- Speaker: Adeera Levin, MD, Professor of Medicine and Head of the Division of Nephrology, University of British Columbia
March 31: Greene Lectureship: “Digital Health for Heart Failure”
- Speaker: Heather Ross, BSc, MHSc, MD, Professor of Medicine, University of Toronto
For more information, visit medicine.vumc.org/dom-medicine-grand-rounds.
To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, participants will need to submit a one-time opt-in to the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here (https://medicine.vumc.org/medicine-grand-rounds-signup), and create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here (https://vumc.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx).
For questions regarding registration, please email Attallah Stout, Medicine Grand Rounds Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.