eStar update coming April 10; what you need to knowMar. 14, 2022, 1:52 PM
eStar will be updated on April 10, and will require a downtime to ensure the changes are applied. This downtime will last from 1:10 to 4:10 AM. All employees should use downtime procedures.
Please review the information below to ensure you and your teams are prepared for the changes you’ll see once the update is complete.
Leaders/Managers: What to Do
- Download/View Materials
- View the executive summary most relevant to your area(s) for a general overview of major changes:
- Inpatient – Clinical
- Inpatient- Non-Clinical
- Outpatient – Clinical
- Outpatient – Non-Clinical
- Prepare Your Teams
- Identify the Guides to the Galaxy applicable to your area (see below)
- Designate area for staff to review changes in Playground
- Review executive summaries or discuss talking points in staff or department meetings
End Users: How to Prepare
- Review your Guide to the Galaxy
Each guide contains an overview of the changes based on role. Users should review the Guide to the Galaxy most appropriate for your role (all Guides are stored in Hubbl):
- Providers: eStar 2022 Q1 Release PROVIDER Guide to the Galaxy
- Nurses and clinical support: eStar 2022 Q1 Release NURSE AND CLINICAL SUPPORT Guide to the Galaxy
- Ancillary staff: eStar 2022 Q1 Release ANCILLARY Guide to the Galaxy
- Pharmacy team members: eStar 2022 Q1 Release PHARMACY Guide to the Galaxy
- Non-clinical team members: eStar 2022 Q1 Release NON-CLINICAL Guide to the Galaxy
- Electronic booklets are divided into role-specific bundles
- Each book begins with a chapter on general changes
- Primary eStar applications are divided alphabetically into chapter
- Secondary applications are at the end of the book and divided by area of focus, such as In Basket or Care Everywhere.
- Practice in the Playground
Spend some time in the eStar playground – review the Playground Quick Start Guide for more information.
Information is also available at https://healthit.vumc.org/estar-upgrades
Certain functionality in eStar will be unavailable April 8-10, affecting the ability to make changes that customize certain aspects of workflows within eStar. These limitations are necessary, because while colleagues continue to use eStar, the system is updating related data “behind the scenes” to prepare for the update on April 10. These limitations will be in effect from 9:00 AM Friday, April 8, until the update is complete on April 10 (around 4:10 AM).
Affected functionality includes the following:
- Applying filters in Chart Review
- Personalizing dashboards
- Creating, Editing, and Sharing NoteWriter Macros
- Moving Activities to a Sidebar or Floating Window
- Creating or editing QuickActions
- Saving SlicerDicer Sessions
- Customizing advanced settings for Charge Router Reconciliation and Routed Charges reports
- Creating or editing new columns for reports
If you have questions or encounter any issues completing a workflow during the lockdown, contact the Help Desk (343-HELP).