Brief phone outage to take place April 3; what you need to knowMar. 21, 2022, 1:22 PM
On April 3, the Vanderbilt Telephone system will undergo maintenance between 4 and 6 a.m. During this time, there will be a brief downtime for Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) and Vanderbilt University (VU) telephones.
What you can expect:
- VU and VUMC non-Red Phone telephones will experience a brief downtime.
- Telephone service will be cut off for 10-15 minutes during the first 30 minutes of the maintenance window (from 4:00 to 4:30 a.m.).
- During the rest of the maintenance window, all telephone users may experience reduced functionality (e.g., telephone features not working, intermittent dial tone, etc.).
- No cell phones will be affected in this change.
What you need to do:
- Check your Red Phones to ensure they are connected and operational, with a dial tone.
- If you do not hear a dial tone, please call (615) 421-1611 to open a repair ticket as soon as possible.
- All Red Phones will be operational during the outage.
- Please download a local copy of the Red Phone Directory for your reference for this event.
- Access the Red Phone Directory through here: https://it.vanderbilt.edu/services/voice/redphone_dir.php