Voluntary power curtailment begins todayJun. 15, 2022, 9:12 AM
A message from VUMC Facilities Management:
Due to the high heat index, Facilities Management is implementing a voluntary power curtailment effort within the Medical Center. The power curtailment will begin with a reduction of select corridor lighting, mechanical space lighting, and moderate increases in the ventilation system air temperatures. While these centrally controlled measures help, individual efforts are much more effective.
You can help by:
- Raising the thermostat temperature point in your area (especially when you leave for the day).
- Turning off all lights in unoccupied spaces, even if only for short periods of time.
- Turning off some of the lights in occupied spaces where switching allows.
- Turning off unused equipment and limiting copy machine use.
- Using the stairs rather than the elevator.
- Reporting power reduction opportunities that you need help with to Facilities Management @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.