Significant In Basket and scheduling changes coming with eStar update Sept. 11Aug. 19, 2022, 10:18 AM
eStar will be updated on Sept. 11 and will require a 2.5-hour downtime to ensure changes are applied. There will be significant changes coming to In Basket and scheduling tools. Please view the In Basket video resources located on the eStar Upgrades website and eStar 2022 Q3 Release In Basket Guide to the Galaxy to prepare.
Please review the information below to ensure you and your teams are prepared for the changes you will see once the update is complete.
Leaders/Managers: What to Do
- Download/View Materials
- View the executive summary most relevant to your area(s) for a general overview of major changes:
- Inpatient – Clinical
- Inpatient- Non-Clinical
- Outpatient – Clinical
- Outpatient – Non-Clinical
- Prepare Your Teams
- Identify the Guides to the Galaxy applicable to your area (see below)
- Designate area for staff to review changes in Playground
- Review executive summaries or discuss talking points in staff or department meetings
End Users: How to Prepare
- Review your Guide to the Galaxy
Each guide contains an overview of the changes based on role. Users should review the Guide to the Galaxy most appropriate for your role and eStar 2022 Q1 Release In Basket Guide to the Galaxy (all Guides are stored in Hubbl):
- In Basket: eStar 2022 Q3 Release In Basket Guide to the Galaxy
- Providers: eStar 2022 Q3 Release PROVIDER Guide to the Galaxy
- Nurses and clinical support: eStar 2022 Q3 Release NURSE AND CLINICAL SUPPORT Guide to the Galaxy
- Ancillary staff: eStar 2022 Q3 Release ANCILLARY Guide to the Galaxy
- Pharmacy team members: eStar 2022 Q3 Release PHARMACY Guide to the Galaxy
- Non-clinical team members: eStar 2022 Q3 Release NON-CLINICAL Guide to the Galaxy
- Electronic booklets are divided into role-specific bundles
- Each book begins with a chapter on general changes
- Primary eStar applications are divided alphabetically into chapter
- Secondary applications are at the end of the book and divided by area of focus, such as In Basket or Care Everywhere.
- Practice in the Playground
Spend some time in the eStar playground – review the Playground Quick Start Guide for more information.
Information is also available at https://healthit.vumc.org/estar-upgrades