Department of Medicine announces September Medicine Grand RoundsAug. 29, 2022, 4:30 PM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) Department of Medicine will host the upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in September.
September 1: “Health as an Emergent Property: Using a Lifecourse Lens to Understand Obesity Prevention and Health Disparities”
- Shari Barkin, MD, MSHS, Physician-in-Chief and Chair, Department of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital of Richmond at Virginia Commonwealth University
September 8: “Chimeric Antigen Receptor Therapy: A New Era in the Treatment of Lymphoma”
- Olalekan Oluwole, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
September 15: Ownby Lectureship: “What is Disease? Defining Pathobiology and Therapeutics in the Era of Big Data”
- Joe Loscalzo, MD, PhD, Hersey Professor of the Theory of Practice and Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chairman, Department of Medicine and Physician-in-Chief, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
September 22: Riven Lectureship: “Deciphering and Targeting Clonal Evolution; Lessons from Clonal Hematopoiesis and AML”
- Ross Levine, MD, Laurence Joseph Dineen Chair in Leukemia Research; Chief, Molecular Cancer Medicine Service, HOPP; Deputy Physician-in-Chief, Translational Research, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
September 29: “APOL1 Toward Precision Medicine Approaches”
- Adriana Hung, MD, MPH, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Medicine Grand Rounds are hosted in person in 208 Light Hall using a hybrid format. Lectures will be live streamed, and available for on-demand viewing here following the presentation.
Lectures are open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt, via Zoom. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration.
For more information, visit medicine.vumc.org/dom-medicine-grand-rounds.
To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, participants will need to submit a one-time opt-in to the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here (https://medicine.vumc.org/medicine-grand-rounds-signup), and create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here (https://vumc.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx).
For questions regarding registration, please email Attallah Stout, Medicine Grand Rounds Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.