Fight the flu with Flulapalooza, Sept. 28Sep. 2, 2022, 10:56 AM
Flu season is right around the corner, and we want to help you avoid the flu. The best way to reduce the risk of getting and spreading the flu is by receiving the flu vaccination. This year, Flulapalooza is back, and the Occupational Health Clinic wants you and your colleagues to attend this vaccination event.
- The 10th anniversary of Flulapalooza will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 28, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The event will be held in a tent between Light Hall and the VA Hospital.
- VUMC faculty and staff are invited to participate in Flulapalooza.
- All attendees will need to bring their Vanderbilt ID and wear short sleeves.
- For offsite and/or remote employees, please park in the 25th Avenue Garage and enter in either the 24th Avenue or 25th Avenue entrance. You will not need a parking sticker for that day if you are attending the event.
“Getting your annual flu shot is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and those around you from becoming ill from the flu,” said Lori Rolando, MD, MPH, FACOEM, director of Occupational Health Clinic. “Flulapalooza provides the Vanderbilt community with a quick, easy, and festive way to get your flu vaccination, and we are excited to be able to celebrate our 10th Flulapalooza event this year.”
Flu vaccines can take up to two weeks after being administered to provide full protection, so it is recommended to obtain it as soon as you can to ensure the greatest protection throughout the entire flu season.
For more information about the flu and Flulapalooza, visit the OHC Employee Influenza Vaccine Program.