Upcoming COVID-19 bivalent booster events for employeesDec. 2, 2022, 1:30 PM
The Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) is hosting several pop-up COVID-19 booster events throughout December to make it convenient for employees to drop in and receive their bivalent COVID booster before the holidays. The bivalent booster vaccine provides better protection against the current strains of COVID-19 and is a great gift to keep yourself and others protected during the holiday season.
COVID-19 Booster Events:
- Thursday, Dec. 8 – 2-8 p.m. at Monroe Carrell Wadlington “A” (second floor near employee screening station).
- Friday, Dec. 9 – noon-6:30 p.m. in Light Hall North Lobby.
- Sunday, Dec. 11 – 12:30-3:30 p.m. by Panera Bread on second floor of VUH.
- Thursday, Dec. 15 – noon-6:30 p.m. in Light Hall North Lobby.
- Friday, Dec. 16 – 1-8 p.m. at Monroe Carrell Wadlington “A” (second floor near employee screening station).
- Saturday, Dec. 17 – 12:30-3:30 p.m. by Panera Bread on second floor of VUH.
- Sunday, Dec. 18 – 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. roaming cart in Monroe Carell and VUH.
The Pfizer bivalent booster will be available and employees may walk-in at any time. Employees can receive the bivalent booster if it has been at least two months since their last booster or two months since the final dose of their primary vaccine series (if they haven’t yet received a booster).
If you can’t make it to an event, OHC offers many other ways you can receive your booster. Visit OHC’s Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Information website for details.
As a reminder from the recent VUMC announcement, VUMC employees should update their bivalent booster status with Occupational Health by Jan. 15, 2023. To update their status, employees can either get their bivalent booster, voluntarily self-report it, or submit an exemption request (medical, religious/sincerely held spiritual belief, and/or indicate that you decline to provide documentation). Employees who previously received an exemption from the primary series or initial booster requirement are not required to submit a new exemption request for the bivalent booster.
For more information about the bivalent booster, the many locations where it can be obtained, and all the options to update your status, visit OHC’s Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Information website.