New recurring spotlight in MyVUMC will help address common questions about MyWorkdayJan. 17, 2023, 3:39 PM
A new regular feature — “MyWorkday Featured FAQs” — will address some of the most commonly asked or most important questions regarding the MyWorkday project. Kicking off the new feature is a look at five things all employees should know about MyWorkday:
- What is MyWorkday? MyWorkday is VUMC’s enterprise-wide project to transform our business systems. We will now use two new cloud-based tools, Workday and Tecsys, for most of our HR, Finance, Supply Chain, and Research and Grants needs.
- Why are we doing this? MyWorkday will help modernize and simplify our business systems by replacing literally dozens of tools with only two. The new technology will also help support VUMC’s continued growth, so we can take care of more patients and their families in our region.
- What does MyWorkday mean for me? Instead of logging into multiple systems (such as C2HR, Performance Central, and Benefits Express) to take care of your administrative and HR tasks, you’ll now use Workday, ONE user-friendly tool, for most of these. If you work in a clinical area that uses point-of-use technology, you will like Tecsys’s simpler workflows and state-of-the-art technology.
- How will I learn to use the new tools? We’ll start online training in February-March of 2023. Some of your co-workers will train as superusers a bit earlier to provide support to help if you have questions or need guidance at Go Live.
- When will we start using Workday and Tecsys? We’ll start using the new tools on April 1, 2023. We’ll go live with the budgeting and forecasting tool later that summer.
These questions and answers are available on a downloadable infographic we encourage everyone to share with their colleagues. Look for new featured FAQs coming soon.