MyWorkday Change Network meeting highlights supply chain and security rolesFeb. 28, 2023, 11:09 AM
The most recent meeting of the MyWorkday Change Network occurred on Feb. 22, 2023. Attendees were reminded of the wealth of readiness resources to help them prepare their areas for the project’s Go Live on Apr. 1, 2023, including:
- Information on cutover
- Change impact analysis
- Cost center translator (VUMC network required to access)
- Training information
Senior Director of Learning and Development Claudia Fontaine led attendees through a more detailed discussion of the various types of security roles in Workday, including people managers, cost center managers, and grant managers. Part of her presentation dealt with levels of signature authority for dollar amounts related to expense transactions.
Fontaine also spoke to what will happen with PCards, travel and entertainment cards, purchase orders, and expense reports—the management of all these will move to Workday after Apr. 1. Diana Ormsby, director of business education, provided a demo within Workday of managing expense reports, PCards, and T&E cards.
Ormsby also walked attendees through more information regarding the implementation of Tecsys, noting that employees should work with their at-the-elbow support during Go Live for assistance. She also demonstrated the training completion dashboard (VUMC network required to access) that is available for managers to view their employees’ status on completing required training before Go Live.
The next MyWorkday Change Network meeting is scheduled for Mar. 8, 2023.
Those interested can view the meeting recording and meeting slides. They can also visit the MyWorkday Change Network webpage for access to resources from previous meetings.
The MyWorkday project at VUMC involves the implementation of two new cloud-based systems, Workday and Tecsys. MyWorkday will transform VUMC’s business systems, bringing several benefits:
- Modernizing and simplifying VUMC’s technology architecture by moving us away from a patchwork of outdated systems to truly integrated cloud-based solution
- Giving VUMC more visibility into business data and making it easier to gain insights from that data
- Supporting VUMC’s continued growth with best-in-class technology
- Providing a streamlined, consistent, and modern user experience for a wide variety of business needs, including human resources, supply chain, finance and accounting, and research and grants
To learn more, visit the MyWorkday website: https://www.vumc.org/myworkday.