Nominations open for membership to the Academy for Excellence in Clinical Medicine; deadline is July 30Jul. 3, 2023, 1:47 PM
The Academy for Excellence in Clinical Medicine in the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine was established to honor exemplary clinicians who combine humanism, professionalism and a passion for patient care with a scholarly approach to improving patient health and who will establish a community of leaders to promote clinical excellence. These clinicians are often overlooked by traditional methods to honor faculty and are increasingly important in an era of rapid change in medicine. In addition to the honor of membership, elected members will play a large role in promoting clinical excellence and the art of medicine through professional development and mentoring.
Qualifications for nomination:
- Must be a faculty clinician in the School of Medicine
- Must devote at least 50% effort to clinical care
- Faculty clinicians who typically do not have patient contact are eligible (pathology, radiology, etc.)
- Non-MD faculty clinicians are eligible if they meet other qualifications.
- Must be employed at VUMC for a minimum of 5 years at the time of call for nominations and an active member of the clinical faculty at the time of the award
Nominations are being accepted until 11:59 pm, Sunday, July 30.
More information can be found here.
For questions about the nomination process, contact:
Maureen Gannon, PhD
Associate Dean, Faculty Development
Senior Program Manager, Faculty Development
For questions about the AECM, contact:
Howard B.A. Baum, MD
Associate Professor, Medicine
Thomas Brent Graham, MD, MS
Associate Professor, Pediatrics