New ‘opt ins’ for non-emergency AlertVU messages in C2HRApr. 11, 2014, 1:46 PM
Employees can now “opt in” to receive non-emergency phone calls, text messages and emails, just like they do for AlertVU emergency messages, in C2HR. AlertVU is the system used to notify faculty and staff of emergencies.
All faculty and staff are automatically enrolled in AlertVU using their Vanderbilt email addresses and have the option to also be notified via home, office and/or mobile phone or personal email address. Unlike emergency messages, employees must manually opt in to receive non-emergency messages, such as LabAlerts, which notify researchers of power outages.
Faculty and staff should follow these instructions for updating preferences in C2HR:
- Log in to C2HR at http://vu.edu/c2hr.
- Select “Personal Profile” from the sidebar on the right.
- Select the “Edit” button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter contact information—including phone numbers and personal email addresses—in the “Personal Contact Information” section. Check the boxes to indicate if you prefer receiving phone calls or text messages.
- Select the “Next” button at the bottom of this page.
- Select “Confirm” to save your changes.
Employees can find step-by-step instructions with screenshots to update their information on the Vanderbilt Emergency Preparedness website.
In the event of an emergency, the AlertVU system is one way members of the Vanderbilt community receive information. The university homepage and alertvu.vanderbilt.edu are primary locations for information and ongoing updates.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.