New Staff Orientation Format Launches July 1Jun. 22, 2015, 10:57 AM
New staff orientation has been redesigned to ensure new hires get the right learning material in ways that are best suited to applying it on the job. There will be separate sessions for University Central and Medical Center staff to accommodate the unique needs and requirements of both organizations.
To learn about University Central-specific updates, click here.
Medical Center-specific updates
Beginning July 1:
Beginning July 1, the facilitated program is moving to a single half-day session with an “open house” during the second half day to cover for specialized or elective information. The in-person session includes the most important content from both of our current introductory sessions (You Make a Difference and It’s Who We Are). Classroom orientation events will be held each week from 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., with time after to complete compliance items, get ID badges and ask questions about VUPD, VUIT, Health & Wellness and benefits programs.
· For July only, new staff orientation will be held on Tuesdays. Orientation should be Medical center staff’s first day of work.
· HR will begin enrolling staff for orientation starting July 1, 2015. Any previous registrations managers made new hires for July sessions will also remain as scheduled.
· Staff will able to complete their immunization screenings the afternoon of orientation.
· Benefits information should be reviewed online before new hires start work. Links will be included in offer and welcome letters, and orientation confirmation messages.
· New hires will complete personalized compliance items, including safety and compliance material, in the Learning Exchange.
· VUnetIDs can be claimed online by new hires 48 hours after PAFs are processed – no need to wait for an invitation.
· Parking permits can be ordered online prior to orientation.
Beginning in August:
· New staff orientation will resume its weekly schedule on Mondays.
· New hires must attend immunization screening any Tuesday prior their start date (orientation) at the VU Recreation & Wellness Center, or schedule an appointment with Occupational Health. Details will be provided in orientation confirmation letters.
· Staff will not be able to attend orientation or begin work without completing their immunization screening or background check.
To learn more about the new orientation program attend one of the following information sessions:
Date Time Location
6/23/15 9:30-10:30 a.m. 8380B MCE
7/1/15 2-2:30 p.m. Join online meeting
First online meeting?