Nurse Alerts! email communication tool to provide updates on a variety of topicsNov. 17, 2022, 9:36 AM
by Matt Batcheldor
Vanderbilt Nursing has relaunched Nurse Alerts!, an email communication tool designed to provide timely updates on a variety of topics of interest to nurses.
The subscription email announcements, which were first launched in 2009, were relaunched in October to be inclusive of a larger email group, including VUMC’s community hospitals. The relaunch grew the tool from 3,000 to 10,000 subscribers, said Crystal Jackson, MSN, RN, senior director of Nursing Education and Professional Development.
“I think it’s a great, useful communication tool,” Jackson said. “We’re trying to get the word out.”
Nurse Alerts! are not distributed on a regular basis, but only when important information and updates are available. Subscriptions are limited to VUMC employees.
If you’re not already signed up, you can do so now with your VUNet ID and password by going to vanderbiltnursing.com and clicking on the “Employee Resources” tab, then “Nurse Alerts.”
Here’s the information you can expect to receive when you subscribe to Nurse Alerts!:
- Contact hour events.
- Shared governance learning events.
- Nursing research and evidence-based practice events.
- Vanderbilt Professional Nursing Practice Program (VPNPP) events.
- Preceptor workshops.
- Nursing certification review courses.
- Monthly publications of In the Know and the Nursing newsletter from Executive Chief Nursing Officer Marilyn Dubree, MSN, RN.
- Magnet monthly and Magnet updates.
- Organizational nursing events including State of Nursing Address, poster presentations,
- Nurses Week events
- Health Plus.
- Vanderbilt Health and Recreational Center.
- Nurse wellness committee items.
- Work/Life Connections/Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
If you’re interested in sharing information through Nurse Alerts!, email email@example.com.