Department of Medicine December Grand Rounds announcedNov. 30, 2021, 12:58 PM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) Department of Medicine will host the upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in December. Lectures will be live streamed and open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration.
December 2: Rosenblum Lectureship: “ADPKD – Moving Past Tolvaptan”
- Speaker: Edward Gould, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
December 9: Riven Lectureships
- “Cell shape dictates kidney tubule function”
- Speaker: Fabian Bock, MD, Instructor in Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- “Colon cancer-associated biofilms and C. difficile-induced tumorigenesis”
- Speaker: Nick Markham, MD, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
December 16: “DOM Diversity Liaison Committee Guest Lecture: American Medicine and Our Racist Traditions”
- Speaker: Linda Rae Murray, MD, MPH, Adjunct Associate Professor, Divisions of Health Policy & Administration and Occupational & Environmental Health, University of Illinois School of Public Health
In observance of the holidays, Medicine Grand Rounds have been canceled for December 23 and 30. Lectures will resume on Jan. 6, 2022.
For more information, visit medicine.vumc.org/dom-medicine-grand-rounds.
To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, participants will need to submit a one-time opt-in to the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here (https://medicine.vumc.org/medicine-grand-rounds-signup), and create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here (https://vumc.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx).
For questions regarding registration, please email Attallah Stout, Medicine Grand Rounds Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.