VUMC Limited Submission Opportunity: 2023 Breast Cancer Alliance Exceptional Project Grant; deadline extended to Feb. 3Dec. 22, 2021, 2:11 PM
VUMC may submit two letters of intent for the 2023 Breast Cancer Alliance Exceptional Project Grant. The mission of the Breast Cancer Alliance is to improve survival rates and quality of life for those impacted by breast cancer through better prevention, early detection, treatment and cure.
This one-year grant for a total of $100,000 recognizes creative, unique and innovative research directly related to the field of breast cancer (see eligibility.) Indirect costs, which are included in the $100,000 award, must be limited to 8% of grant funds.
- The research project must be directly related to the field of breast cancer. Areas of relevant research may include but are not limited to: diagnosis, etiology, immunology, genetics, therapies, prevention and clinical studies.
- Exceptional Projects are open to clinical doctors and research scientists at any stage of their careers, including postdoctoral fellows, whose primary focus is breast cancer.
- Multiple PIs are allowed.
Internal Selection Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as one of VUMC’s nominees must submit the following (in a single PDF) to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on Feb. 3, 2022:
- Brief (2 page maximum) research plan including summary budget
- Research plan should include project title and hypothesis, research aim(s) and methods, and brief discussion of the project’s potential impact.
- Statement of support from department chair/center director
- Biosketch in current NIH format
Please reference the program name in the subject line of the email. Selected applicants will submit an LOI by April 1 and will be informed by mid-May whether they have been invited to proceed with a formal application.
See the program page for more information.
Any questions about these opportunities may be directed to LSO@vanderbilt.edu