VUMC Limited Submission Opportunity: Mary Kay Ash Foundation Innovative/Translational Cancer Research Grant; deadline is Dec. 8Nov. 15, 2021, 11:55 AM
Applications due December 8, 2021
VUMC may nominate one candidate for the Mary Kay Foundation Innovative/Translational Cancer Research Grant program for 2022. These awards provide $100,000 over two years to support innovative translational research for cancers affecting women, including but not limited to ovarian, uterine, breast, and/or cervical cancer.
The Foundation seeks to fund innovative research that will provide a scientific link between laboratory research and the clinic. Ultimately, such research would lead to improvement in the diagnosis, prognosis, prevention, or treatment of cancer.
- Principal Investigator must be Full-time Assistant Professor or higher (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) and commit a minimum 5% effort.
- Staff scientists, postdoctoral trainees and instructors are NOT eligible.
- Up to one co-PI is permitted. Co-PI must meet the same eligibility requirements as PI (Assistant Professor or higher).
- Post-doc contributors may be listed as co-investigator, but not co-PI.
- The maximum total budget is $100,000. Indirect costs may not exceed 15% of direct costs (E.g., Direct costs ≤ $86,956, Indirect costs ≤ $13,044.)
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
Internal Application Process:
Anyone interested in being considered as Vanderbilt’s nominee must submit the following to LSO@vanderbilt.edu by 5 p.m. on December 8. Please combine your materials into a single PDF and reference the program name in the subject line of the email.
- Brief research plan including summary budget (2 page max);
- Statement of support from department chair/center director;
- NIH Biosketch or brief CV (5 page max)
The chosen nominee will submit a full proposal to the Foundation by the deadline of February 4, 2022. Direct all questions about this opportunity to LSO@vanderbilt.edu.