Heart Walk seeking team captainsAug. 2, 2012, 9:26 AM
The American Heart Association’s 2012 Nashville Heart Walk is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 6, and Vanderbilt University is recruiting team captains with the hope of having 270 in place by Aug. 31.
Last year, Vanderbilt raised more than $254,000 for the American Heart Association and was among the top three organizations in the country.
Team captains agree to recruit a team of 15 people internally or externally and set a goal for their team to raise $1,000 to support the American Heart Association.
If you are interested in serving as a team captain, follow the steps outlined below:
• Register online at www.nashvilleheartwalk.org;
• Recruit team members — co-workers, family, friends, etc.;
• Set a team fundraising goal;
• Encourage your team members;
• Collect money and distribute team walk T-shirts;
• Join teammates to walk on Oct. 6 and have fun.
Contact Ed Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 343-1270 with any questions.