VUMC deadline for flu vaccines is Dec. 1Nov. 10, 2021, 10:40 AM
Flu season is in full swing, and as health care professionals, we strive to keep ourselves, our patients and community members safe and healthy. By receiving your flu vaccine, you support our goal in promoting a healthier community.
As a reminder, VUMC faculty and staff are required to meet compliance requirements for flu vaccination by Dec. 1.
Through the FLUla-2-Uza program, getting your flu shot is quick and convenient! You can obtain your flu vaccine at any of the following locations:
- Visit an Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) location.
- Medical Arts Building, 6th Floor on Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. -4 p.m.
- One Hundred Oaks on Thursdays, 8 a.m.-11:30 a.m. in VPEC room 21100.
- Walk-in services are provided for both locations. No appointments are necessary.
- For Vanderbilt Wilson County, Vanderbilt Bedford, and Vanderbilt Tullahoma Harton, please reach out to your respective Occupational Health resource at your location.
- Utilize the Peer Vaccination Program, which enables eligible staff members to vaccinate their coworkers.
- Take advantage of our “OHC Comes to You” program to request a departmental onsite event.
- For full program details, including how to report an outside flu vaccine or request an exemption, visit OHC’s Employee Influenza Vaccine Program website.
For those working remotely, flu vaccination can be obtained at convenient locations in the community, including the Vanderbilt Health Walk-in Clinics or Vanderbilt Health Clinics at Walgreens. Reporting your documentation from a flu vaccine obtained outside Occupational Health or the Peer Vaccination Program can be done securely online using this LINK.
Protect yourself and others from the flu by receiving your flu vaccination at the above locations or utilizing one of the offered programs. You can receive a flu shot at the same time as other vaccines, including the COVID-19 vaccine, or at any interval before or after. For more information about the flu and FLUla-2-Uza, visit the OHC Influenza Vaccine site.