Vanderbilt University commencement makes VUMC parking changes necessaryApr. 19, 2022, 3:19 PM
The Vanderbilt University 2022 commencement ceremony will take place on Friday, May 13. The ceremony will take place in Vanderbilt Stadium.
With Commencement being held in Vanderbilt Stadium, some adjustment in parking and traffic flow are being made to accommodate the influx of additional vehicles to campus while hopefully limiting the impact on medical center personnel. These are very similar to modifications that have been successfully made during previous mid-week football games.
Among the changes:
- Jess Neely Drive will be closed from Natchez Trace to 25th Avenue beginning 5 a.m. Friday, May 13
- Natchez Trace will be closed from Children’s Way to Kensington Place beginning at 5 a.m. Friday, May 13
- Medical Center staff members who normally park in the N Lot will be asked to park in alternate locations on May 13. These parkers will receive specific information about their parking alternative beginning May 9.
- Those who park in the 25th Avenue Garage may park there as usual but should be aware that between 7 a.m.-9 a.m. the garage and the streets around it will be more congested than usual.
- Shuttles will not service the N Lot on Friday, May 13