Department of Medicine announces August Grand RoundsJul. 28, 2022, 11:09 AM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) Department of Medicine will host the upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in August.
August 4: “Improving Care Delivery and Outcomes of Older Patients with Advanced Cancer and Caregivers”
- Supriya Gupta Mohile, MD, MS, Philip and Marilyn Wehrheim Professor of Medicine and Surgery, James Wilmot Cancer Institute, University of Rochester Medical Center
August 11: “Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy: The Journey to Clinical Relevance”
- Manhal Izzy, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
August 18: Oates Lectureship: “Clinical Pharmacology of the Human Baroreflex”
- Jens Jordan, MD, Head of Institute of Aerospace Medicine, German Aerospace Center
August 25: Nielson Society Lecture
- Cosby Stone, MD, MPH, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Rachel Bonami, PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Starting August 11, Medicine Grand Rounds will be hosted in person in 208 Light Hall using a hybrid format. Lectures will continue to be live streamed, and available for on-demand viewing here following the presentation.
Lectures remain open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt, via Zoom. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration.
For more information, visit medicine.vumc.org/dom-medicine-grand-rounds.
To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, participants will need to submit a one-time opt-in to the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here (https://medicine.vumc.org/medicine-grand-rounds-signup), and create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here (https://vumc.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx).
For questions regarding registration, please email Attallah Stout, Medicine Grand Rounds Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.