VUMC IT voice technology transfer to began in July, to continue for several monthsJun. 27, 2023, 11:30 AM
VUMC IT’s Voice team began transferring ATT phone numbers from Vanderbilt University to VUMC beginning in July. This process will continue over the course of the next few months as part of the Voice Separation initiative.
What to Expect
Phone numbers will be transferred in groups of 1000 after 8 pm on Monday, Wednesday or Thursday nights, each group taking approximately an hour. During the change window, please be aware of the following:
- Employees will not be able to take incoming calls from off-campus locations on numbers being moved.
- Incoming calls from other extensions within VUMC will be unaffected.
- Outgoing calls will not be affected.
- If there is an active call on a number being moved, that call may get dropped during the move.
- All departments that have Red Phones will still be able to use them, however, you will not be able to redirect to a different number.
Critical lines have been determined and will be handled on a line-by-line basis. Each department with critical lines will receive next steps through email communication over the next several weeks. If you have further questions, please contact VUMC Help Desk at 615-343-4357 or contact 615-421-1611.