Transition from Microsoft Skype for Business Voice to Teams Voice underwayNov. 10, 2023, 11:56 AM
In early August, VUMC IT began migrating employees from Microsoft Skype for Business Voice to Teams Voice for telephony services. Upon completion of the migration, employees will use Microsoft Teams to make and receive all calls.
The migration process will take place in waves through fall of 2024 and is segmented by department. Prior to your migration, you will receive communications from IT to keep you informed about when you will be migrating and what to expect throughout the migration.
Transitioning from Skype to Microsoft Teams will:
- Reduce costs by transitioning phone services from VU to VUMC.
- Improve efficiency by consolidating communications into one application.
- Enhance communication experiences with new modern features such as improved mobile capabilities.
To help familiarize yourself with Microsoft Teams and how to utilize it for phone calls, please review the training links below.
- How to Make and Receive Calls in Teams
- How to Set Up Call Forwarding
- How to Transfer a Call in Teams
- How to Merge Calls in Microsoft Teams
- How to Configure and Access Voicemail in Teams