Medical Center again lauded on multiple national rankingsDec. 20, 2023, 8:22 AM
During the past year, Vanderbilt University Medical Center placed highly in several national rankings and was honored with numerous awards.
- VUMC was again named to the Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News & World Reportin the publication’s 2023-2024 ranking of health care facilities. VUMC is No. 1 in Tennessee, No. 1 in the Metro Nashville area and the only health system in the Southeast to be named to this year’s Honor Roll.
In addition to inclusion in the Honor Roll, VUMC was nationally ranked in nine data-driven nationally ranked specialties — Cancer, Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Ear, Nose & Throat, Gastroenterology and GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Pulmonology and Lung Surgery and Urology.
- Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt was one of only 25 children’s hospitals recognized as a national leader in pediatric health care, earning the distinction as the No. 1 children’s hospital in Tennessee and sharing first place in the Southeast region, according to the latest U.S. News & World Report rankings.
In the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospital report, Monroe Carell also continued to achieve a maximum 10 out of 10 pediatric specialty programs nationally ranked. Monroe Carell is 1 of only 23 pediatric hospitals in the nation to rank in all 10 specialties and the only pediatric facility in Tennessee to attain this goal.
- Monroe Carell was 1 of only 25 children’s hospitals to make Money/The Leapfrog Group’s first-ever “Best Hospitals for Pediatrics” list and is the only pediatric hospital in Tennessee to earn the distinction.
- Three Vanderbilt Hospitals were recognized as among the best in the nation by the Leapfrog Group. Vanderbilt University Hospital was named a Top Teaching Hospital, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt was named a Top Children’s Hospital, and Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital was named a Top General Hospital.
- Vanderbilt University Hospital was recognized as one of the safest hospitals in the United States after receiving a spring 2023 safety grade of “A” from the Leapfrog group.
- Three Vanderbilt hospitals were recognized by the Leapfrog group as among the safest in the United States.
Vanderbilt University Hospital, Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital and Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital all received a fall 2023 safety grade of “A.”
- Becker’s Hospital Reviewagain named VUMC as one of the “Great hospitals in America.” The Becker’s Healthcare editorial team selected this year’s “Great hospitals in America” for inclusion based on analysis of ranking and award agencies, including Healthgrades, CMS star ratings and Leapfrog grades. Becker’s also sought nominations for this list.
- For the fourth time, VUMC was recognized with the 2023 Best Workplace for Men in Nursing Award from the American Association for Men in Nursing.
- Healthiest Employers, a national award program, named VUMC one of the Healthiest Employers in Tennessee in the category for organizations with more than 10,000 employees.