Patient and Family Promise readies for next month’s rolloutJan. 10, 2013, 9:44 AM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center faculty and staff are gearing up to roll out the Vanderbilt Patient and Family Promise, a six-point commitment to all patients and their families.
The Promise, recognizing and addressing the needs and wishes of the Vanderbilt patient and family advisory councils, will be rolled out to patients and families in February.
The Promise will accompany the faculty and staff Credo and pledges that Vanderbilt faculty and staff:
• Include you as the most important member of your health care team
• Personalize your care with a focus on your values and needs
• Work with you to coordinate your care
• Respect your right to privacy
• Communicate clearly and regularly
• Serve you and your family with kindness and respect
The Promise will be displayed in public areas, on the VUMC website and in patient materials beginning in February.