Patient & Family Promise to be introduced next weekFeb. 21, 2013, 9:49 AM
The Patient & Family Promise will be rolled out to the public next week.
There will be two versions of the Promise — one for the adult enterprise and one for children and their parents.
Versions are also being developed in Spanish and Arabic. The Promise video will also appear on several patient websites next week.
The Promise, which was developed with input from the Patient & Family Advisory Councils, pledges that Vanderbilt faculty and staff will:
• Include you as the most important member of your health care team
• Personalize your care with a focus on your values and needs
• Work with you to coordinate your care
• Respect your right to privacy
• Communicate clearly and regularly
• Serve you and your family with kindness and respect
The Promise tells our patients what they can expect from VUMC. We will deliver the Promise if we live the Credo.