Why use Zoom when you have Microsoft Teams?Sep. 12, 2022, 4:38 PM
VUMC has made the decision to discontinue Zoom for general conferencing use and transition to Microsoft Teams by March, 2023. This is being driven primarily by our need to reduce duplicate services, improve security, and standardize support.
- Improved document management and sharing
- Integrated planning tools
- Search capability across MS Exchange, Teams, SharePoint Online and OneDrive
The Epic integrated Telehealth component will be addressed by HealthIT.
To get Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing:
To Prepare for the Transition:
- Familiarize yourself with Zoom equivalent functions
- Visit the Zoom to Teams project website to find FAQs, sign up dates for training with a Microsoft expert, and Zoom equivalent functions
- Watch for an email from Zoom2Teams@vumc.org
- Join us for a Teams Training Session led by a Microsoft Expert (click on the link to join the meeting directly)
NOTE: If your department has a valid business requirement to retain Zoom and you believe you qualify for an exception, please take this survey.