October Medicine Grand Rounds announcedSep. 28, 2022, 2:10 PM
Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s (VUMC) Department of Medicine will host the upcoming Medicine Grand Rounds on Thursdays at 8 a.m. in October.
October 6: Des Prez Lecture
- Serpil Erzurum, MD, Chief Research and Academic Officer, Cleveland Clinical Lerner Research Institute
October 13: “Treatment of Tuberculosis and Non-tuberculosis Mycobacteria (NTM): Advancing Towards a Better Future”
- Kelly Dooley, MD, PhD, MPH, Professor of Medicine and Director, Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
October 20: Schaffner Society Lectureship
- “Lymphangioleiomyomatosis: Lessons from a Rare Disease” — Justin Hewlett, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- “Contemporary Classification of Mycardial Injury Events” — Andrew DeFilippis, MD, MSc, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
October 27: “Updates from the U.S. Preventative Services Task Force (USPSTF)”
- Carol Mangione, MD, Professor of Medicine and Public Health, Division Chief of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, University of California, Los Angeles
Medicine Grand Rounds are hosted in person in 208 Light Hall using a hybrid format. Lectures will be live streamed, and available for on-demand viewing here following the presentation.
Lectures are open to the medical community, including those outside Vanderbilt, via Zoom. Free CME credit is also provided with advanced registration.
For more information, visit medicine.vumc.org/dom-medicine-grand-rounds.
To register and obtain CME credit for Medicine Grand Rounds, participants will need to submit a one-time opt-in to the Department of Medicine Grand Rounds distribution list here (https://medicine.vumc.org/medicine-grand-rounds-signup), and create a free VUMC Cloud CME account here (https://vumc.cloud-cme.com/default.aspx).
For questions regarding registration, please email Attallah Stout, Medicine Grand Rounds Program Manager, at email@example.com.