Nominations open for 2023 School of Medicine Faculty Awards; deadline extended to Feb. 17Dec. 9, 2022, 1:56 PM
Update — deadline extended:
The deadline for nominee submission has been extended until Friday, Feb. 17 at 11:59 p.m.
While all awards are still open for nominations, we are especially seeking additional nominees for the below awards:
- Frank H. Boehm: For Contributions to Continuing Medical Education
- Gerald S. Gotterer: For Innovation in Educational Programming that has Proven to be Effective
- Bonnie M. Miller: For Innovation in Undergraduate Medical Education
- William J. Darby: For Translational Research that has Changed the Practice of Medicine Worldwide
- Lee E. Limbird: For Innovation in Research Infrastructure That Facilitates Multiple Investigators
Nominations are now open for the 2023 School of Medicine Faculty Awards. The School of Medicine Faculty Awards recognize excellence in teaching, clinical service, and research. They are given by the faculty to the faculty. It is the recognition of extraordinary contribution by peers that makes these awards unique and most valued. The annual Awards for Excellence in Teaching, Extraordinary Performance of Clinical Service, and Outstanding Contributions to Research are proud Vanderbilt traditions.The awards for Excellence in Teaching in the School of Medicine are named in honor of faculty who have exemplified the specifics of each award. The awards for Extraordinary Performance of Clinical Service are named in honor of current and past faculty physicians who are and were innovators in clinical care. The awards for Outstanding Contributions to Research are named in honor of current and past Vanderbilt faculty who were recognized during their careers by election to the National Academy of Sciences. These awards are a testimony to the exceptional and extraordinary achievements of our School of Medicine faculty.
The categories of recognition are cycled by even and odd years. For year 2023, the categories and awards of recognition are below:
Three new faculty awards have been added and named to honor and recognize past and current leadership in the clinical, educational, and research missions of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. They will be subsequently awarded in odd years at the School of Medicine Spring Faculty Assembly.
- Bonnie M. Miller, MD, Award – For Innovation in Undergraduate Medical Education
- Arthur P. “Art” Wheeler, MD, Award – For Clinical Excellence in the Delivery of Critical Care
- Lee E. Limbird, PhD, Award – For Innovation in Research Infrastructure That Facilitates Multiple Investigators
Nominations for the 2023 faculty awards are currently open. The deadline is Jan. 31, 2023, by 11:59 pm. Here is the link:
Please exclude any previous winners of the same award from nomination. The historical list can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Tarr, senior program manager of Faculty Development. (firstname.lastname@example.org)