Reminder: COVID-19 bivalent boosters available through Occupational Health ClinicDec. 20, 2022, 4:41 PM
During this busy season, the Occupational Health Clinic (OHC) offers many convenient ways to receive your COVID-19 booster. The bivalent booster vaccine provides better protection against the current strains of COVID-19 and is a great way to keep yourself and others protected. As a reminder, VUMC employees should update their bivalent booster status with OHC by Jan. 15, 2023.
Employees are encouraged to drop in and receive their bivalent COVID-19 booster at one of the vaccination locations below.
- OHC on the 6th floor of the Medical Arts Building at 1211 21st Avenue South, Suite 640, Nashville. Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- One Hundred Oaks mass vaccination site – Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. at 719 Thompson Lane on the 3rd floor of the north end of the building (use Entrance ‘E’).
- To receive a COVID booster at VWCH, VBCH, or VTHH, please reach out to your respective Occupational Health resource at your location:
- VWCH – Retha Parker, RN, MSN at 615-453-7232
- VBCH – Angel Whitaker, RN at 931-685-8404
- VTHH – Janet Baker, RN at 931-393-7944
The Pfizer bivalent booster will be available and employees may walk-in at any time. Employees can receive the bivalent booster if it has been at least two months since their last booster or two months since the final dose of their primary vaccine series (if they haven’t yet received a booster).
For complete information on the many ways you can receive your booster, visit OHC’s Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Information website for details.
To update their bivalent booster status by Jan. 15, 2023, employees can either get their bivalent booster, voluntarily self-report it, or submit an exemption request (medical, religious/sincerely held spiritual belief, and/or indicate that you decline to provide documentation). Employees who previously received an exemption from the primary series or initial booster requirement are not required to submit a new exemption request for the bivalent booster.
For more information about the bivalent booster, the many locations where it can be obtained, and all the options to update your status, visit OHC’s Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Information website.