Training for MyWorkday project now available in Learning ExchangeFeb. 17, 2023, 4:18 PM
VUMC employees can now begin taking their online training in preparation for the Apr. 1 Go Live of the MyWorkday project.
Training for Workday System
Because access to functionality and features within Workday will be specific to each employee’s role and the work they perform, training will also be role-based. Each training module covers a critical workflow or function that employees should understand before using the new system on Apr. 1. Since the modules are so focused, each one is fairly short. Employees can complete each module in short “bursts,” building on their knowledge of Workday.
All employees are enrolled in the “Employee as Self” eLearnings for Workday. Those employees who officially manage others are also enrolled in the “Manager” courses. For other security roles (e.g., cost center managers), additional training will be available in the coming weeks and will be assigned to impacted employees.
In addition to the eLearnings, employees can also take advantage of other opportunities for becoming more familiar with Workday:
- Role-based guides to better understand what employees may do within the system and required training
- Go Live Readiness Sessions for some highly impacted security roles, such as cost center managers and those working with research and grants (invitations will be sent directly to these individuals)
- WalkMe functionality within Workday available at Go Live, which provides in-app prompts to help guide users through common workflows
Training for Tecsys System
To help prepare those employees that will also use the other newly implemented system, Tecsys, on Apr. 1, additional eLearnings are available. Employees have also been enrolled in those courses based on their role and the type of work they do.
Using the Learning Exchange
Employees can review their enrolled courses by logging into the Learning Exchange and choosing “My Courses.” They can also self-enroll in courses of interest by searching “MyWD” or “Tecsys” to see the available listings. (Note: access within Workday will be tied to the employee’s security access, so some employees may complete eLearnings of functionality they cannot perform in the system.)
More specific information on training for the MyWorkday project can be found on the Training Hub of the MyWorkday website: https://www.vumc.org/myworkday/training-hub.
Employees can also watch short videos starring the MyWorkday “spokescloud,” MW, that highlights the training approach for the project.
The MyWorkday project at VUMC involves the implementation of two new cloud-based systems, Workday and Tecsys. MyWorkday will transform VUMC’s business systems, bringing several benefits:
- Modernizing and simplifying VUMC’s technology architecture by moving us away from a patchwork of outdated systems to truly integrated cloud-based solution
- Giving VUMC more visibility into business data and making it easier to gain insights from that data
- Supporting VUMC’s continued growth with best-in-class technology
- Providing a streamlined, consistent, and modern user experience for a wide variety of business needs, including human resources, supply chain, finance and accounting, and research and grants
To learn more, visit the MyWorkday website: https://www.vumc.org/myworkday.