Applications open for School of Medicine Immersion Faculty Lead; deadline is Sept. 15Aug. 15, 2023, 2:27 PM
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine’s Immersion Phase is a two-year highly individualized learning experience for third- and fourth-year medical students. The school is looking for a faculty member to lead the continued development of the Advanced Clinical Experiences, Acting Internships, and Advanced Electives. VUSM has a catalog of more than 100 of these courses, which are generally four-weeks. For more information about the Immersion Phase, please visit this link to learn more and watch a short video about the phase: http://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/curriculum/immersion/.
The Faculty Lead will:
- Design and lead faculty development for course directors, including training for new course directors and annual meetings with all course directors.
- Lead the course quality improvement process jointly with Immersion Phase leadership including periodic audits of course metrics required by the LCME
- Act as the liaison to all course directors to assist with quality improvement and compliance with VUSM rules and regulations
- Participate in Immersion Phase working group to develop phase goals to meet the needs of VUSM and medical students
- Work with the Program Coordinator to provide ongoing support for course directors
- Create and lead the annual meetings with departmental educational representatives about the courses in their departments
Interested individuals must be a faculty member at VU or VUMC with an MD degree. Please provide a CV that highlights your experience in education, plus a 500-word statement of interest that includes a vision for the role and how your experiences can add to the team and curriculum. Successful candidates will have demonstrated strong communication skills, collaboration, and organization. Submissions due to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Fri, Sept. 15.
The position will provide 10% annualized effort. Start date is flexible but after Oct. 1, 2023.
Please reach out with any questions to the current faculty lead, Saralyn Williams, MD, at email@example.com.