Nominations sought for School of Medicine Faculty AwardsNov. 4, 2019, 12:01 PM
Nominations are being sought for the following 2020 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Faculty Awards:
- The School of Medicine Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- The School of Medicine Awards for Extraordinary Performance of Clinical Service
- The School of Medicine Awards for Outstanding Contributions to Research
Award recipients are nominated by their faculty colleagues and chosen by the VUMC Academic Enterprise Faculty Awards Selection Committees.
Outstanding Contributions to Research nominations must be submitted, as single PDF, by Jan. 14, 2020 to Lauren Vronko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellence in Teaching and Extraordinary Performance of Clinical Service nominations must be submitted, as single PDF, by Jan. 14, 2020 to Ashley Wood at email@example.com.
Nomination package must include:
- A letter of nomination (typically from Department Chair or Center Director)
- Three supporting letters from colleagues
- o Nominations for Excellence in Teaching are not required but strongly encouraged to have additional supporting letters from fellows, residents and students
- Nominee’s current CV
The categories of recognition are cycled by even and odd years. For year 2020, the categories and awards of recognition are the following:
Excellence in Teaching
- Robert D. Collins Award – Teaching Medical or Graduate Students or Practicing Physicians in the Lecture Setting
- Jacek Hawiger Award – Teaching Graduate and Postdoctoral Fellows in the Classroom, Lecture, or Small Group Setting
- Denis M. O’Day Award – Team-Implemented Curriculum Reform
- R. Michael Rodriguez Award – Teaching Medical Students, Residents, and/or Fellows in the Clinical Setting
- Elaine Sanders-Bush Award – Mentoring Graduate and/or Medical Students in the Research Setting
Extraordinary Performance of Clinical Service
- W. Anderson Spickard, Jr. Award – Clinical Excellence in a Cognitive Discipline
- Mildred T. Stahlman Award – Innovation in Clinical Care
- John L. Tarpley Award – Commitment to Care of Underserved Communities
Outstanding Contributions to Research
- Stanley Cohen Award – Research Bridging Diverse Disciplines to Solve Biology’s Important Fundamental Questions
- John H. Exton Award – Research Leading to Innovative Biological Concepts
- Grant W. Liddle Award – Outstanding Contributions in Clinical Research
- Charles R. (Rollo) Park Award – Basic Research Revealing Insights into Physiology and Pathophysiology
*Please exclude any previous winners, unless you feel they have made substantial new discoveries or contributions. (historical list of award winners found here). If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Vronko at firstname.lastname@example.org.