Accessing library resources on the VUMC network has changed; here’s what you need to knowDec. 9, 2022, 11:41 AM
Recently, questions have been raised related to accessing online library resources on the VUMC network. Technological infrastructure modifications at the institutional level and licensing language revisions within academic publishing are prompting libraries across the country to alter access to online library resources. Eskind Biomedical Library staff members are diligently trying to identify technological solutions and workflows to make online access as seamless as possible.
Currently, there are two primary issues:
- VUMC log-in credentials have changed within the authentication system
- VUMC users may experience more logging in because they are not automatically “passing through” the library authentication system anymore.
A few suggestions:
- Always begin your literature searches at the Eskind Biomedical Library homepageto ensure you will be prompted to authenticate.
- Effective November 2022, VUMC users must login with their vumc.org email address NOT the vumcID.
- Be aware that authentication sessions expire with inactivity and that you may need to re-authenticate throughout the day.
- If unsuccessful with sending journal links via email and chat messaging, we suggest:
- Sending a PubMed ID (PMID) for a licensed journal
- Utilizing the resource’s CITE button to generate a citation and send the citation
NOTE: You can send the link(s) if the article is in PubMed Central (PMC) or Open Access
Please contact library staff through the ASK BIOMEDICAL link for any assistance.