Most recent MyWorkday Change Network meeting covers finance updates and change impacts reportFeb. 14, 2023, 2:10 PM
In the MyWorkday Change Network meeting that took place Feb. 7, 2023, lead project manager Adrianne Hiltz-Rasmussen walked the attendees through the recently published Change Impact Analysis. The document informs all Workday and Tecsys end users about upcoming changes that may result in the need for changes to existing workflows. It uses easy-to-understand color coding to highlight those changes that will be of the most impact to the organization.
In addition to the overview of the Change Impacts Report, attendees were also given a deeper dive into some financial reporting within Workday, including employee-level detail of financial statements —a welcome feature for many users of this information. This discussion was led by Vice President of Finance Donna Kilpatrick and Audrey Sanborn, associate director of finance. Sanborn also explained the role of obligations and commitments within Workday and how they apply to purchasing and payroll transactions.
Senior Director of Learning and Development Claudia Fontaine covered several different critical topics with the audience, including:
- Key reminders about the cutover process
- Glossary of Workday terminology (available on the project website’s Training Hub under “Glossary of Terms”)
- How end users will be able to access Tecsys and Workday after Go Live
Diana Ormsby, director of business education, did a demo of the Workday Help feature, a case management tool that will help VUMC better track and manage employee support requests that historically came into HR via phone call or email.
Ormsby also reminded the audience about the MyWorkday training approach—noting that employee-level training will be available the week of Feb. 13 and visible in the Learning Exchange. She reminded the Super User and at-the-elbow support the importance of completing all their training as soon as possible.
The next MyWorkday Change Network meeting is scheduled for Feb. 22, 2023.
The MyWorkday project at VUMC involves the implementation of two new cloud-based systems, Workday and Tecsys. MyWorkday will transform VUMC’s business systems, bringing several benefits:
- Modernizing and simplifying VUMC’s technology architecture by moving us away from a patchwork of outdated systems to truly integrated cloud-based solution
- Giving VUMC more visibility into business data and making it easier to gain insights from that data
- Supporting VUMC’s continued growth with best-in-class technology
- Providing a streamlined, consistent, and modern user experience for a wide variety of business needs, including human resources, supply chain, finance and accounting, and research and grants
To learn more, visit the MyWorkday website: https://www.vumc.org/myworkday.